Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Bigger Condo Window and an Observation

First, Tom Waterman mentioned that one point of sales resistance for Gary Malin's Condo Drawing was that the window to take the vacation was only through the end of the year. Tommy explained that some folks told him that their vacation plans for this year were already set. Would Gary consider broadening the window of time for the vacation. Linda called Gary this evening and explained the problem. Gary said that March 15 through till May was also available for consideration. And he had some flexibility until the true summer season. Similarly, the snowbird season is clearly out of the running since it is prime rental season. But if that has been the issue for you're buying a chance and those additional times work for you, give Linda a call or contact  Patty, Nancy, Bob Willis or Tommy Lee Waterman.

I was talking with my classmates about how difficult it is to find people because they move around so much. I commented that previous generations were a lot less portable. My Dad was part of  that different generation.  He was recruited out of college by American Cyanamid (that's how we ended up in Wayne, NJ actually. I remember standing in the middle of the woods off Berdan Avenue (future home of American Cyanamid back then) and my dad said here's where my office is going to be. I said "Sure, Dad") He was right again, as it turned out. Anyway, he worked for Cyanamid for his entire working life and retired from there, only to watch it get sold, dismantled and sold off piece by piece by American Home Products. He retired at just about the right time. He'd ask me every now and again, "How come you're always changing jobs? You've had so many." And I'd just reply, "Different times, Dad, different times." Thinking back, I'd either move for other reasons than jobs, or I've had a couple of companies with whom I was really happy go belly up. As I got older and more high maintenance because of my work credentials, I got downsized a couple of times. I also got remarried (not my choice) too and that had me on the move again. I don't know whether it was Fate or luck of he draw or sign of the times, but I try to find a logic to the progression of jobs I've held. I'd like to think that there's a cumulative body of knowledge that I've acquired along the way. Thinking back, I know my folks got a lot smarter as I got older. Funny how that seems to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment