Friday, October 21, 2011

James Riger was (might still be) in town and Linda met him down on Barker by the Save A Lot and got a picture and had a nice chat. He says that he has every intention of being here for the 45 in September of 2012. His picture is now up on the site.

Linda, still grieving over the loss of our little black dog Missy, dug into her class materials and found her copy of the Class of 1966  Reflections to try to distract herself from our loss by staying busy; not that she is ever NOT busy. Now she's scanning that yearbook extracting images of all of you posing as Pep club and underclassmen in all your wide varieties of interests and activities. We'll no doubt post some of these on the website as a more permanent feature than the Facebook postings which Linda is putting up on Facebook.

I know that pets aren't people, but it seems my memory doesn't seem to know that. It doesn't distinguish between one good memory or the other, just that there were many good memories during our custodianship of Missy as well as many trying times. I once asked Linda if Missy's last name was Quit, because every time I talked to her on the phone (before moving here in 1999) Linda was always saying Missy Quit! as the little black dog gnawed on different household furniture and generally got into things and places not meant for dogs.

Especially lately, my memory has really been acting odd. One moment I'm in the here and now, the next, I'm moving to Evansville and meeting the little black dog, the next I'm back in high school cutting up in class (as I was fond of doing back then) and then drifting back to Evansville and walking down Harmony Way getting dragged down the street by a little black dog. Not quite random, but almost. Missy was a good dog. Like Linda, I need to stay busier for a while too.

No comments:

Post a Comment