Friday, May 13, 2011

Out of touch for a day

Blogger is back up so here I am after 24 hours of downtime.

Linda managed to get confirmation that Jerry Powell is gone but not forgotten, and the website reflects that now. There is a Social Security Death Record database and Linda found him there. There's a back story to this but not for publication.

In the meanwhile, I am trying to determine if the folks from Wayne Valley charged with doing so really have the time to engage in a real search for the "missing" folks in my class. Once I determine that, I will decide if I am going to go all out (with Linda's expert help, of course). Similarly, I need to determine that someone is going to do something with all this information.

Like just about everything, it got me thinking about how varied and unexpected life has turned out for the people I went to school with. I found myself thinking about the ones I knew that are gone and how I felt when I found out that they were, and the fear that some of the people I've lost touch with, but at one time was real close with, might actually be gone too.   When I was doing the Reitz site and listing people that were gone, they were just names. Now they are real people with whom I have a history and memories, mostly good ones. It makes me wish that all who remain are at my reunion, and it makes me want to find the ones who are "lost" so they can be there too. I now have a better appreciation for what drives Linda to do what she does and it renews my own energies.

How can you NOT want to go to the 45th Reunion? Life is short, and gettng shorter every day. I can't wait for May of 2012 and I hope that you can't wait for September of 2012 in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment