Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Little Note from Gary Malin

We got an email from Gary Malin that ought to be shared:

 
I spoke with Steve today and he has arranged his vacation get away.   He may not want to share much, but he is also sharing his time away with others that he knows and all will enjoy  the beach and a tour of the Pensacola Navy museum.  Will be giving them a personal tour of the museum and a morning "Blue Angels"  practice flight on Tuesday. 
 
I did appreciate the sentiments of those who came by to see my wife and I as we said our goodbyes to my mother last week.   I was even more surprised when "mother Nelson" and Paul's sister  stopped by the funeral home to pay there respects.  For those who did not know, Paul Nelson's mother, referred to by many as  "mother Nelson"  took care of the guys who wandered in and out of her home over our high school days, and I never forgot her kindness to me as one of those "guys"  and the many antics that we pulled during school and the happy times as she fed and provided sleeping quarters for after late nite antics.   Tom Waterman and Linda and Milt joined the stream coming in to pay respects, my mother lived 93 years raised 10 children and 37 grandchildren, 47 great grandchildren and was the glue that bound an Evansville family in nearly every walk of life.  She will be missed by all who knew her.
 
I am pleased to see how so many of my classmates came thru on the vacation giveaway and it apparent that those working on the 45th reunion are doing a bang-up job at making it memorable time for all.  Keep up the great work Linda, Milt and the rest of the team.
Gary Malin
I just think this little fundraiser ended up doing far more than just helping to raise funds. I'm just sorry that the Courier Press failed to include "Malin" in Gary's Mom's name. We missed it in the paper ourselves, and we were looking. Had they done so, I think there probably would have been more classmates at the showing.  

So to officially close this Summer fundraiser, the winner, Steve Frohbieter has booked his Orange Beach Condo vacation with tour of the Pensacola Naval Air Museum and Blue Angel practice flight (that's the surprise bonus - surprise to me too)

Thanks again to all who participated so generously to this truly successful fundraiser. And watch for more class activities to come. We heard rumors of a Scott School get-together and who knows what other little informal get togethers are yet to come. Ain't it just great? Don't forget to send us pictures!

One final thing: Does anyone out there have any pictures from the 10th, besides the telephoto long distance giant group thing that we have on the website already?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment