Thursday, August 18, 2011

Photos Found

Patty Qualls found a little stash of photos from a reunion and it turns out that it was the 30th at, that's right, Echo Valley.  for which we only had two group shots. These are candids and are a lot clearer but Patty did mention that Echo Valley can be a dark place. I have a feeling that is by choice, and while I don't want it to look like a hospital operating room or a booth at Tropic Tan, I also don't want it to be any darker than the Cottonwood was. I thought that was about right, and still there were some photos that didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. I always like to see what I'm eating, and if it's too dark to see who you're talking to, it's probably too dark to take good photos.

Anyway, the new old photos can be found at http://www.reitz67.com/html/30.html. The first one under the two big group shots is somewhat of a mystery best solved by someone who actually attended. I thought it was Tom Sales and Terry Hurt just based on their current directory photos. Anyone? The rest are probably obvious. It's good to have a few more from that occasion and it did get me to think about the photo situation next year. I've got some plans that will be made more difficult if the place can be better lit.

Even though we're still a year out, we can't not do a little plottin' and schemin' and we will be calling Susan Turpin Gibson's son, owner of Paradise Printing about lead times for silk screened T Shirts so we know when we will have to pull the trigger if we do it for the Reitz home game on Reunion Weekend.

We're also starting to compile information about cruises for next year for the Class Cruise to Somewhere. Based upon the current level of participation expressed, this is starting to look good. And fun. Hopefully we can find something less common in the way of a destination. Usually, when cruise information or AAA books start showing up in the mailbox, it means we're going somewhere or someone (Linda) is thinking about going somewhere (which is practically the same thing). This time, I know it's for the Class Cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment